Apple Pie Egg Rolls
Yield 6 Egg Rolls
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- ¼ stick melted butter
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Add unsalted butter, apples, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, salt, flour, and lemon juice to saucepan bring to a simmer on medium-high heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering for 2-3 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and let apple mixture cool; set aside.
- Lay out egg roll wrappers on cutting board in a diamond shape.
- Brush edges of wrappers with melted butter.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of apple mixture in center of each wrapper, leaving about 1-inch of space along the edges.
- Fold end of wrapper nearest to you over the filling to seal, then fold sides over and roll the wrapper into a tight cylinder shape.
- Spray NuWave Brio Basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place egg rolls in NuWave Brio Basket and cook at 390°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Sprinkle the egg rolls with powdered sugar for a nice final touch.