Baked Clams with Scallions and Cucumber
Bravo XL Oven
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 t ground dried gingerto taste sea salt
- 3 T pine nuts (lightly crushed with the flat side of a knife)
- 1 large cucumber (½- inch Dice)
- 1 t chili flakes
- 2 t granulated sugar
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1 large bunch scallions (sliced thin green and white parts both)
- 3 doz littleneck clams (thoroughly washed)
¼ c white wine
- Juice from 2 lemons
- In a non-stick pan on stove heat on medium heat. 1 T of the olive oil When it gets hot, add the garlic and ginger. season salt cook until golden brown place into a bowl. Add pine nuts, olive oil, cucumbers, chili flakes, sugar, vinegar, and scallions toss all together.
- Preheat Bravo bake 350°F, Scatter the clams on the enamel roasting pan in a single layer pour over the clams. Place into Bravo shelf position bake at 350°F.
- The clams will start to open around 3 minutes and cook 10 minutes total. As they open, remove to a platter.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons over them and scatter the cucumber and pine nuts all around.
- Try to get the mixture inside the clam shells as well. Serve immediately.