Beef Shank with Red Wine
2-½ lbs beef shanks, bone-in, fat trimmed
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 10-12 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c beef stock
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 yellow onions, small dice
- 1 celery stalk, small dice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bottle red wine
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, cracked
- Pat dry the beef shank. Season with salt and pepper.
Set the cooker to "sear" and add oil. When hot, add the beef shanks, cooking in batches, if necessary. Sear on all sides until a brown crust develops. Remove the meat; set aside.
- Add garlic, stock, balsamic vinegar, onions, celery, bay leaf, rosemary, and wine to pressure cooker.
- Return beef shank to pressure cooker and set to "slow cook" and adjust time to 6 hrs. Cover with glass lid.
- When done, meat will be very tender and should fall off the bone. Remove bay leaf. Adjust seasoning, if needed, and serve.