Beer Mussels with Spicy Sausage
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb spicy sausage, ½-inch rounds
- 1 yellow onion, thin sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
2-½ lbs mussels, cleaned, beards removed
- 1 T Hungarian paprika
- 12 oz amber beer
- Parsley, chopped (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add sausage and onions. Cook until onions are translucent. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
- When garlic is fragrant, add mussels, paprika, and beer. Toss well.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "fish", adjust time to 4 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and remove mussels. Transfer to a large serving platter. Discard any unopened mussels. Garnish with chopped parsley.