Black Beans with Chorizo
Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
- 1lb dried black beans
6oz Spanish-style chorizo, cut into ¼-inch half moons
- 3 whole cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2qt chicken stock
- 2t sea salt
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 onion, chopped in half
- Cilantro for garnish
- Set to "sear" and add the chorizo. Cook until fats are released and meat starts to crisp.
- Add beans, onion halves, garlic, bay leaves, chipotle chilies with adobo sauce, sea salt, and chicken stock.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "beans" and adjust for 40 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and discard onion halves and bay leaf. Season with sea salt, garnish with cilantro, and serve.