Boston Baked Beans
Medley Digital Skillet
- 3 (28-ounce) cans northern beans, drained
- 8 ounces sliced bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 ounces molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 4 ounces ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ cups water
- Set Skillet to 275ºF and place in bacon and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until fat starts to render.
- Add in remaining ingredients, stir to incorporate and cover.
- Reduce to 205ºF and cook for 1½ hours.
- If you want to make beans from the dry state, soak 1 pound of navy beans overnight in cold water.
- Place the water and beans in the Skillet, set the Skillet to 275ºF and let simmer for 1½ hours or until tender.
- Drain beans, set aside and proceed with step 1.