Broccoli Rabe with White Beans
- 7 c water
- 1 lb cannellini beans, dry, rinsed
- 7 cloves garlic, divided (4 crushed, 3 sliced)
- 2 t sea salt
- 4 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 bouquet garni (1 carrot, 1 sprig rosemary, & 1 bay leaf tied together)
½ c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thin sliced
- 1 lb broccoli rabe, trimmed
¼ t crushed red pepper
- Add water, beans, garlic, salt, and oil to pressure cooker. Add bouquet garni, set to "beans", and press "start/stop".
While beans are cooking, add ½c oil to sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced garlic and sauté for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add 2T oil to another sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes. Add broccoli rabe, and crushed red pepper. Sauté an additional 10-15 minutes.
- When beans are done, natural release for 20 minutes, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid, check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Add broccoli rabe and onions to pressure cooker and gently mix. Ladle into serving dishes and drizzle with garlic oil and serve.