Broiled Skirt Steak with Green Sriracha
Bravo XL Oven
- 4 (6-oz) skirt steaks
- 1 large poblano chile
- 1 serrano chile, stemmed
- 2 large peeled garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 T thinly sliced fresh ginger
- ½ t ground turmeric
- ¼ c shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ c basil leaves
- ½ c mint leaves
- ½ c snipped chives
- ½ c chopped cilantro
- 1 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1 lemongrass stalk (tender inner bulb), bottom 4 inches peeled and thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Dry-roast the poblano chile at 400°F until completely charred. Remove. Allow to cool until able to handle. Once cooed, using a wet towel, remove blistered skin.
- Place poblano chile in a blender. Add serrano chile, garlic, ginger, turmeric, coconut,basil, mint, chives, cilantro, lime leaves, and lemongrass. Pulse to chop. With the blender on, add 1 c oil. Puree. Add lime juice and season the green Sriracha with salt.
- Spray the enamel baking pan with cooking spray. Season skirt steak with salt and pepper. Broil at 500°F for 3-4 min. for medium-rare. Serve steaks with green Sriracha.