Brown Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms & Apricots
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 portobello mushroom caps, small dice
½ lb button mushrooms, sliced
½ c white onion, small dice
- 2 c long-grain brown rice
- 4 c beef stock
½ c fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme (leaves only)
¾ c dried apricots, small dice
¾ c toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time for 20 minutes, and add oil. Press "start/stop". When hot, add mushrooms and onions. Cook until onions are soft and mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add rice and continue browning, about 3 minutes. Add stock, parsley, and thyme.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "rice", press "start/stop". When done, natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and fluff rice with fork. Remove rice and place in bowl. Add apricots, toasted walnuts, and apple cider vinegar. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Serve warm.