Bulgur with Apricots & Garbanzo Beans
¾ c water
- 1 c vegetable stock, divided
- 1 c bulgur wheat
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 t curry powder
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas
½ c dried apricots
½ T sea salt
½ t freshly ground black pepper
¼ c fresh parsley leaves (garnish)
Add water and ½c vegetable stock to pressure cooker. Stir in bulgur.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "multi grain" and adjust for 6 minutes.
- When done, naturally release, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
Carefully open lid and fluff with a fork. Remove bulgur wheat; set aside.
Set to "sear" and add oil. When hot, add onions. Cook until soft. Add garlic and curry powder and cook until fragrant. Add chickpeas, apricots, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, and pour in remaining ½c vegetable broth.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "steam/veggies". When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and return bulgur wheat to cooker. Stir. Garnish with parsley leaves.