Butternut Squash and Ginger Soup
Duet Combo Cooker
- 4 c vegetable stock
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled, rough chop
- 5 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh sage, plus extra (for garnish)
½ t nutmeg
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
½ c pumpkin seeds, toasted (for garnish)
- Press PRESSURE COOK then press SEAR and use default temp of 275°F. Add oil and heat up.
- Add butternut squash and onions, cooking in batches, if necessary. Cook until browned and soft.
- Add 2 sprigs sage, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, ginger, nutmeg, and stock. Cook 15-20 min.
- Place on Pressure Cooker Lid. Ensure the Pressure Release Switch/ Valve is in the CLOSE position. Press PRESSURE COOK and use HIGH pressure. Press TIME and turn START/PAUSE dial to adjust to 15 min. Press START/PAUSE to start cooking.
- When done, perform a quick release.
- After all pressure/steam has been released, remove Lid. Check to see if butternut squash is fully cooked. If not, add an additional 5 min. of cook time.
- When done, using a stick blender (or removing and using a food processor), blend soup until thick and creamy. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and fresh sage. Serve immediately.