Butternut Squash with Chicken & Orzo Soup
1 c chicken, 1-½-inch cubes
- 3 T butter
½ c scallions, thin slice
½ c carrots, peeled, small dice
½ c celery, small dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 c chicken stock
- 1 (28-oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
1-1½ lbs butternut squash, peeled, 1-inch cubes
½ t Italian seasoning
⅛ t red pepper flakes
⅛ t nutmeg, ground
- 1 c orzo pasta, cooked
½ c half & half
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil (garnish)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 20 minutes, press "start/stop", and add oil. When hot, add chicken and cook until golden brown. Remove chicken; set aside.
Add butter. When melted, add scallions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté an additional 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, butternut squash, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and nutmeg.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "soup" and adjust time to 10 minutes and press "start/stop".
While soup is cooking, prepare orzo according to package. Drain; set aside.
- When soup is done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Use an immersion blender to puree soup until smooth.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add orzo. Return chicken to cooker and add half & half. Stir.
- Ladle into serving bowls, serve and enjoy.