Cannellini and Macaroni Salad
PIC Induction Cooktop
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups small elbow macaroni
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed, drained
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup mixed blend olives, chopped and pitted
- cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly grounds black pepper to taste
- Place pot of water on PIC and bring to a boil on Max/Sear. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Place Cast Iron Grill on PIC and heat on Medium-High (375°F) for 1 minute.
- Brush cut side of tomatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes on grill and cook for about 1-2 minutes, just until heated through.
- Transfer tomatoes to shallow dish to cool, then cut into 1-inch slices, set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix beans, onion, olives, parsley, set aside.
- Drain macaroni and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Transfer macaroni to large bowl, along with tomatoes, set aside.
- In separate small bowl, or small cup of NuWave Twister, blend vinegar, basil, and garlic together until combined.
- Add macaroni, tomatoes and dressing to bean mixture and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.