Chicken Thighs with Squash & Mustard Greens
- 12 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 scallions, 1-inch pieces
- 4 chile de arbol peppers, dried
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled, thin sliced
- 1 c dry white wine
½ c soy sauce
- 3 T brown sugar
- 2 T sesame oil, toasted
- 3 c chicken stock, divided
1 acorn squash, seeds removed, ½-inch slices 1 bunch mustard greens, stems removed, leaves hand-torn
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, cracked
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 2 T toasted sesame seeds
- Cooked white rice
Pat chicken dry and season well with salt and pepper. Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop". When hot, add chicken, skin down first. Brown on both sides. Remove to a platter; set aside.
- To remaining fat, add scallions, chilies, and ginger, stirring constantly so as not to burn. When golden, add wine and let it reduce, at least by half. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and 1c chicken stock. Return chicken to cooker. Close and lock lid and set pressure cooker to "poultry". Adjust time to 10 minutes, then press "start/stop".
When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and remove chicken. Place on platter; set aside.
- Add acorn squash and mustard greens. Pour in remaining 2c chicken stock. Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "steam/veggies", and adjust time to 8 minutes, then press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid. Acorn squash should be tender and mustard greens wilted. The remaining liquid should look like a thin gravy. If not, set to "sear" and continue to reduce.
- Drizzle rice vinegar over contents in pot. Return chicken to cooker. Add more scallions and sesame seeds on top. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Serve hot with cooked white rice.