Chicken Tikka Masala
1½lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
1½T olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 piece ginger, grated
½c chicken broth
1½T garam masala
- 1t smoked paprika
½t ground turmeric
½t sea salt
¼t cayenne pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
½c heavy cream (or coconut milk, optional)
- 2c cooked basmati rice
- Set to "sear" and add oil.
When oil is hot, add onions, garlic, ginger and sauté.
Add ¼c of the chicken broth. Cook down and reduce liquid by half.
- Add garam masala, paprika, turmeric, sea salt, and cayenne pepper.
Add chicken thighs, tomatoes, and the remaining ¼c chicken broth.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "poultry" and adjust for 13 minutes.
- When done, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and add heavy cream or coconut milk (optional) to sauce. Top with cilantro and serve over cooked basmati rice.