Corn and Mushroom Soup
- 1T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2 carrots, peeled, small dice
- 2 stalks celery, small dice
- 1 pkg. mushrooms, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans chicken stock
½t dried thyme
- 1t sea salt
½t freshly ground black pepper
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 4c potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes
- 2c half and half
- 4c corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- Set to "sear" and add oil.
When oil is hot, add carrots, celery, and onions and sauté.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Add 1 can of the chicken stock, thyme, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, red pepper flakes. Add cubed potatoes and corn.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 4 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Set cooker to "slow cook" and simmer soup, then puree with extra stock. Gradually stir in remaining can of chicken stock. Stir in half and half to soup.
- Pour soup into bowls and serve.