Ginger Pears with Mascarpone Cream
- 3 (1-inch) pieces ginger, grated Lemon zest
½ lemon (left whole)
½ c sherry
- 4 T sugar
½ T lemon juice
- 2 pears, halved, cored, seeds removed
½ c mascarpone cheese
½ c whipping cream
¼ c sugar
½ t vanilla extract
FOR MASCARPONE CREAM (MAKES 1 C)
- Combine ginger, lemon zest, sherry, sugar, and lemon juice in cooker. Set to "sear" and bring mixture up to a simmer. Cook until sugar is dissolved.
Using ½ lemon, rub the cut surface of the pears with the open face of lemon half.
- Place rack in bottom of cooker. Place a plate on the rack.
- Place pear halves onto plate.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "steam/veggies".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and remove pears, the plate, and rack, set aside. Any liquid that has accumulated on the plate can be poured back into cooker. Allow pears to cool. (If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate until ready to continue cooking.)
- While pears are cooling, set to "sear" and adjust for 25 minutes. Bring liquid in cooker up to a simmer. Reduce liquid by half.
- For the mascarpone cream, in a bowl, combine all ingredients listed except vanilla. Whip until firm. Gently fold in vanilla. Cover and chill until ready to serve pears. Cream can be chilled for up to 2 days.
- When pears have cooled and ginger liquid in cooker has reduced, strain cooked liquid and cool.
- To serve, place pear half on a small plate and add dollop of chilled mascarpone cream on top. Drizzle with the ginger syrup liquid from cooker. Top with fruit, berries, or your favorite dessert sauce.