Desserts Toffee Pudding
¾ c water, boiling
¼ c molasses
1-½ c dates, fine dice
- 1 t baking powder
1-¼ c flour
¼ t sea salt
¾ c brown sugar
⅓ c butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Butter (to grease ramekins)
- 2 c water
- In a mixing bowl, add water, molasses, and dates. In a second mixing bowl, add baking powder, flour, and salt.
- Using a mixer, combine brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and combine.
- While mixing, add small amounts of date mix and flour mix alternately until all is incorporated. Divide batter between 8 buttered ramekins and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place steamer rack in pressure cooker and add water. Stack ramekins on rack and close and lock lid.
- Set pressure cooker to "bake", adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- While pudding is cooking, make caramel sauce. Combine brown sugar, butter, cream, and vanilla in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil, constantly stirring to dissolve sugar and prevent it from burning. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Simmer until smooth and thickened; remove from heat.
- When pudding is done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and remove pudding and foil. Serve warm with caramel sauce.