Dried Cherry and Sausage Stuffing
PIC Induction Cooktop
- ½ cup butter
- 6 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- ¾ pound Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes and toasted
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup chopped parsley (optional)
- Melt butter in large pot on Medium (275°F).
- Turn PIC up to Medium-High (375°F) and add celery, onions and sausage to pot and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bread cubes, cherries, parsley, salt and pepper to pot and stir to combine.
- Add broth and stir until combined and heated through.
- If you’re short on time, you can turn your PIC up to High (425°F) or Max/Sear and cook until the sausage is completely cooked.
- Using a large spoon, loosely stuff the stuffing into your turkey halfway through cooking.
- If you don’t like sausage, you can replace it with ground beef, turkey, or your favorite meat.