Fish and Chips with Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 2 catfish fillets
- ¼ c tortilla chips
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread
- ¼ c Parmesan cheese
- ¼ t onion powder
- ¼ t garlic powder
¼ t sea salt
¼ t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 T milk
- Lemon zest and juice
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 2 T pickles or cornichons finely minced
- 2 T red onions, finely minced
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- 1 T capers
- 1 t grain mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
For Tartar Sauce
Cut fish fillets in half so there will be a total of 4 pieces. Season with lemon juice, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper; set aside.
- In a food processor, add bread, tortilla chips, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, and lemon zest. Pulse until a bread crumb consistency is reached. Place in a shallow dish.
In another shallow dish, add egg and milk. Beat lightly; set aside.
- Take a piece of fish and wet with egg mixture, and then coat wit h bread crumb mixture. Set aside.
- Preheat the Duet at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Place breaded fish in the Basket. Place on Air Fryer Lid. Press “AIR FRY” and set to 360°F for 15 minutes. Fish should lightly brown.
- While cooking, in a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, pickles, red onions, white wine vinegar, capers, grained mustard, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Put in the refrigerator and chill until ready to eat.
- Serve fish warm with chips and homemade tartar sauce.