Fried Rice with Shrimp, Ham, and Shiitake Mushrooms
½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
¼ cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
3½ teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces small shrimp peeled, deveined
- 5 cups sticky rice, cooked according to directions
- 1 cup baby peas
8 ounces smoked deli ham, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- Rehydrate the shiitake mushrooms in steaming water for about 5 minutes.
Remove stems and slice caps into ¼-inch-thick pieces; set aside.
In a bowl, combine oyster sauce and soy sauce; set aside.
Heat Wok to 275°F. Add 1½ teaspoons of the peanut oil. Add eggs and cook for 20 seconds. Stir-fry an additional 30 seconds to break eggs into small pieces.
Transfer to a bowl; set aside
Add 1½ teaspoons of the peanut oil to Wok and and add shrimp stirring constantly until they are opaque and cooked through, approximately 30 seconds.
Transfer to the bowl with egg pieces; set aside.
- Heat remaining peanut oil in Wok, adding peas, ham, and mushrooms. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add rice and oyster sauce mixture and cook, stirring constantly to break up rice clumps, about 3 minutes.
- Add scallions, eggs, and shrimp. Cook until heated through, about 1 minute.