Frutti di Bosco
- ⅔c butter, melted
- 1¼c sugar
- 8 large eggs, yolks, whites separated
- ½ lemon, zest only
- 1t cinnamon
- ¼t sea salt
- 2½c all-purpose flour
- 4½c mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries), divided
- Spray a 7-inch Springform Pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, adding egg yolks, one at a time, and continue mixing until smooth. Then, add lemon zest and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with the salt until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture, followed by the flour, until everything is blended.
- Pour the batter into the Springform Pan and spread it evenly.
- Top with 2c of the mixed berries, pressing them into the mixture.
- Press Menu and turn the Select dial to Select Menu Preset 67. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating.
- Once the oven has preheated, it will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to place your food in the oven. Open the oven Door and place the Springform Pan on the Grill/Griddle Rack in position 2.
- Close the oven Door and begin to bake under Menu Preset 67 for 34 minutes.
- When done, remove the Springform Pan from the oven and let the contents cool for 15 minutes before topping it with the remaining mixed berries.
- Remove the Frutti di Bosco from the Springform pan and serve warm. Enjoy.