General Tso's Chicken (Mosaic)
- 2 pounds chicken meat, boneless skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
¾ cup chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sugar, chili sauce, chicken broth, and 2 teaspoons of the cornstarch; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the remaining 3 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to the medium bowl.
- Add the chicken and coat on all sides.
Over high heat (425°F), add peanut oil, and swirl to coat the Wok.
- Add the chicken, cooking until there is a brown crust on all sides. Cook in batches, if necessary, to avoid chicken sticking to the bottom of the Wok.
After the brown crust develops, take chicken out of Wok; set aside.
Turn heat down to medium (275°F), and add garlic, ginger, and scallions and stir-fry for 20 seconds.
- Pour sauce into the Wok and bring to a simmer.
- Return the chicken to Wok and toss to combine with sauce. Stir-fry the chicken for another 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked.
- Garnish chicken with sesame seeds and serve with rice.