Ghurma Aloo (Cumin Potatoes with Tomatoes)
2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, ½-inch cubes
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T cumin seeds
- 1 red onion, small dice
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 t cayenne
- 1 c water
- 1 c tomatoes, small dice
- 2 T fresh cilantro, rough chop
Rinse and drain potatoes and pat dry; set aside.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop". When hot, add cumin seeds and cook until seeds sizzle and are fragrant.
- Add potatoes, onions, and turmeric. Cook until onions lightly brown. Season with sea salt and cayenne. Mix well. Add water.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "steam/veggies", adjust time to 3 minutes, and press "start/stop".
When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid, add tomatoes, and cilantro, and stir. Set pressure cooker to "sear" and press "start/stop". Sauté until simmering then serve in serving bowls.