Grilled Chicken and Pepper Quesadillas
Todd English Pro-Smart Grill
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2oz. shredded mozzarella or Chihuahua cheese, divided
- 1oz. bell pepper, cooked and diced
- ½oz. cilantro, chopped
- ½oz. diced jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1½oz. chicken, cooked, diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray, as needed
- Plug the plug-in Grill into the unit in Position 1.
- Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Menu Preset 59. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- While preheating, build the quesadilla: On one tortilla, place half of the cheese, and half of the peppers, cilantro, chicken, salt and pepper to taste. Repeat with the second tortilla using the other half of the ingredients.
- Spray the toppings on the tortilla with cooking spray.
- Once preheated, open the door and spray the plug-in Grill with cooking spray. Place the quesadilla on the hot plug-in Grill and close door.
- Close the door to begin cooking at 450°F, 50% Top heat, and 50% Bottom heat for 2 minutes, after which the unit will beep three times. Open the door and pull out the plug-in Grill, fold over the tortillas and spray them with cooking spray. Slide the plug-in Grill back into Position 1.
- Close the door to resume cooking for 1 more minute, after which the unit will beep three times and display “End”.
- When done, remove the quesadillas and enjoy.