Grilled Swordfish Steak with Charred Lemons
- 2 swordfish steaks, each at least ¾-inch thick
- 2t extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced into 8 thin slices
- Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Menu Preset 37. Plug the plug-in Grill into the unit in Position 1. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- Open the unit. Brush the swordfish steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Insert the Probe into one of the swordfish steaks. Place the swordfish onto the hot plug-in Grill. Close the unit to begin Stage 1 (450˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 80˚F), after which the unit will beep 3 times.
- Open the door. Flip the swordfish and place the lemon slices on the hot plug-in Grill. Close the unit.
- Begin Stage 2 (450˚F 70% Top heat and 30% Bottom heat to an internal Probe temperature of 130˚F).
- The unit will double beep 3 times. Open the unit door and remove the lemons and place them on top of the swordfish. Tent the fish with foil, leaving in the Probe to monitor carryover cooking to 145˚F.
- When the carryover target temperature is reached, the unit will beep three times and display “End”.
- Serve and enjoy.
Removing food when the Probe reads 15 degrees less than the target internal temperature and allowing it to rest will bring internal temperature up to desired doneness. This is Carryover Cooking.