Italian Wedding Soup with Baby Meatballs
- 1lb Italian sausage/ ground beef
- 1T olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced thin
- 4c chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic
¼t sea salt
½t freshly ground black pepper
- 2c spinach
- 4T Parmesan cheese (garnish)
- 1c cooked fregola pasta or Israeli couscous
- Roll Italian sausage into evenly sized meatballs.
Set cooker to "sear" and add oil, onions, and carrots. Sauté.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.
- Add in meatballs.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 5 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and add spinach. Stir well.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.