Lamb with Cardamom
2 lbs lamb shoulder, 1-½-inch cubes
- 1 c yogurt, plain
- 1 T cardamom, ground
- 1 t cinnamon, ground
½ t turmeric, ground
½ t coriander, ground
½ t cumin, ground
½ t paprika
- 1 c onions, rough chop
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c water
- Parsley, rough chop (garnish)
- Add lamb and yogurt to a large plastic resealable bag. Add cardamom, cinnamon, turmeric, coriander, cumin, and paprika. Refrigerate overnight.
- Add onions, garlic, tomato, and ginger to a blender and blend until smooth.
Set pressure to sear, add oil, and press start/stop when oil is hot add lamb and sauté 5 minutes. Add tomato puree and water.
- Close and lock lid and set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", adjust time to 25 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid, stir, set cooker to "sear", and bring to a boil. Boil until sauce reaches desired consistency. Ladle into serving dishes and top with parsley.