Orzo Pasta with Slow-Cooked Lamb
1½-lb leg of lamb, 1-inch dice
- 2T extra-virgin olive oil
½t kosher salt
½t black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
2½c orzo pasta, cooked
- 1c water
- 2 (28-oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1pt grape tomatoes, cut in half
⅓c Kalamata olives, chopped
- 4oz feta crumbles
½ red onion, cut into thin strips
¼c pine nuts
- 5oz baby spinach
- Set to "sear" and adjust for 2 minutes and add olive oil.
When oil is hot, add salt, fresh ground pepper, pine nuts, and garlic and sauté, stirring continuously.
Add lamb and sauté for 5 minutes. Cook until thoroughly browned. Remove cooked lamb from pot; set aside. Add orzo.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "rice" and adjust for 9 minutes.
- When done, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and drain remaining liquid, remove pasta to platter.
Add lamb mixture and spinach to cooker and sauté for 30 seconds to wilt spinach. Remove lamb and spinach.
- Combine lamb mixture with the pasta. Add tomatoes, olives, and cheese. Mix and serve immediately.