Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Todd English Pro-Smart Grill
- ¼c all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½c finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1c coarse dry breadcrumbs
- 1lb. chicken tenders
- 1T Italian seasoning
- 1t garlic powder
- ¼t sea salt
- Cooking spray, as needed
- Place the flour in a shallow dish.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a second shallow dish.
- Combine the Parmesan and breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish.
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken tenders in Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Coat each chicken tender in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Dip each chicken tender in egg and let any excess drip off.
- Roll each chicken tender in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Preset 33. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- Insert the Probe into one of the largest chicken tenders.
- Open the door and thoroughly spray the Air Fry Basket with cooking spray. Arrange the chicken tenders in a single layer so they are not touching. Generously spray the tenders with cooking spray as well, so that no dry spots are visible. Slide the Air Fry Basket it into Position 2.
- Close the door to begin Stage 1 (400˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 60˚F), after which the unit will beep three times. Open the unit door and flip the chicken.
- Close to door to begin Stage 2 (375˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 145˚F), after which the unit will beep once and move on to Stage 3 (400˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 155˚F), after which you will open the door and remove the chicken, leaving the Probe in to monitor carryover cooking until the chicken reaches 165˚F. When finished, the unit will beep three times and display “End”.