Prosciutto Parmesan Polenta with Puttanesca Sauce
6 1 t fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (28-oz) can whole peeled or diced tomatoes
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped
1 small bunch fresh basil, thinly sliced (or 2t dried basil)
- 1 T anchovy paste
1 t fresh ground black pepper
3 t sea salt, divided
1½ c polenta or coarse ground cornmeal
- 3½ c water
¾ c Parmesan cheese, divided
6 oz slice Prosciutto
¼ c plus 1T butter extra, cut into small pieces
- Program the Duet for combo cooking: Press “COMBO COOK”. “pressure cook” will be displayed. Press “PRESSURE” and select high. Press “TIME” and set for 5 minutes. Press “PRESSURE” then press “SEAR” and set time for 5 minutes. Press “COMBO COOK” a second time. “air fry” will be displayed. Set temperature to 400°F. Press “TIME” and set for 10 minutes. Now the recipe is set and ready to cook.
- Place tomatoes, oil, onion, garlic, basil, anchovy paste, pepper, and 2t salt into pot. Stir well to incorporate, breaking apart large tomato pieces. Place polenta, 1t salt, and water into an 8-inch baking pan. Stir to combine.
- Place pan onto the reversible rack, making sure rack is in the lower position. Place rack with pan in pot over the sauce.
- Place on Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the “CLOSE” position. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin pressure cooking.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to natural release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position. Carefully remove lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Remove the rack from pot and set on a heatproof surface. Stir ½c Parmesan cheese and ¼c butter into the polenta. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. While polenta is cooling, Press “START/PAUSE” to begin to sear. Reduce the sauce, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Place rack with pan back into pot over the sauce. Evenly place remaining butter, prosciutto and Parmesan on top of the polenta.
- Place on Duet Air Fryer Lid. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin melting and browning the cheese. Check frequently to avoid burning the cheese.
- Cooking is complete when the top is crispy and brown. Serve scoops of polenta with plenty of sauce.