Quinoa with Spicy Kale
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
½ c yellow onions, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t red pepper flakes
½ t ground cumin
½ t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t sea salt
- 3 c fresh kale, rinsed, stems removed, chiffonade
- 1 c quinoa, rinsed
- 1 c vegetable stock
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop". When hot, add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are soft and translucent. Add red pepper flakes, cumin, ground black pepper, and sea salt. Stir in the kale, quinoa, and pour in vegetable stock. Mix well.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "multi grain", adjust time to 12 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release, 10 minutes, then quick release to make sure all pressure has been released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and fluff quinoa with fork. Serve hot.