Red Lentils with Vegetables
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, small dice
- 2 t ground cumin
- 2 c red lentils
2 (14 ½-oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 c vegetable stock
- 2 c water
- 3 c baby spinach
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add onions, garlic, and carrots. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and cook. When fragrant, stir in lentils, tomatoes, vegetable stock, and water.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "multi grain", adjust time to 8 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and stir in spinach. Check seasoning and serve hot.