Santa Fe Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1½ c cooked rice
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 c fresh spinach
- 1 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 c frozen corn medley
- 1 T cayenne pepper
- 2 T seasoning salt
- 2 T black pepper
Add water to stock pot and bring up to a boil. While waiting for water to boil, slice off tops of each peppers. Remove the membrane and seeds; set tops aside.
- When water is boiling, lightly drop in peppers and cook for up to 3 min.. Remove and drain on paper towels, upside down.
- Add ground beef to a frying pan and brown on medium-high heat until cooked through. Drain fat from frying pan and set aside.
- Press “PREHEAT”. Set to 360°F for 9 min..
- To the frying pan with browned beef, on medium heat, add spinach, cheese, corn, cooked rice, salt and pepper. Cook until spinach begins to wilt.
- Fill each pepper with the beef mixture.
Once preheated, place peppers onto Mesh Tray. Place Tray with peppers in position 1. Insert Probe into pepper far enough that it reaches into beef. Set Probe to 155°F. Cook.
- Check to see that internal of 155°F has been reached. Once cooked, remove and transfer peppers to serving plate. Top with reserved, sliced pepper tops.