Santa Fe Stuffed Bell Peppers
Todd English Pro-Smart Grill
- 1½c cooked rice
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2lbs. ground beef
- 2c fresh spinach
- 1c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1c frozen corn medley
- 1T cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Boil water in a stock pot. While waiting for the water to boil, slice off the top of each pepper. Remove the membrane and seeds and set the tops aside.
- Once the water is boiling, lightly drop in the peppers and cook them for up to 3 minutes. Drain them on paper towels, upside down.
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan over medium-high heat until the meat is cooked through. Drain the fat from the frying pan and set it aside.
- Add the spinach, cheese, corn, cooked rice, salt, and pepper to the browned beef in the frying pan. Cook the mixture until the spinach begins to wilt, then fill each pepper with the beef mixture.
- Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Menu Preset 45. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- Open the door and place the filled peppers in the Air Fry Basket and slide it into Position 2. Insert the Probe into the side of one side of the peppers so that the Probe tip is in the center of the beef mixture.
- Close the door to begin Stage 1 (360˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 145˚F).
- The unit will beep once, and then move on to Stage 2 (425˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 165˚F). When finished, the unit will beep three times and display “End”.
- Once cooked, transfer the peppers to a serving plate and cap them with the reserved pepper tops.