Sausage and Creamed Collard Greens
- as needed sea salt
- 4 oz extra virgin olive oil
- Two 2-lbs. bags pre-washed collards, further chopped down into thin ribbons
- 1 c sour cream
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1 T all-purpose flour
- ½ t ground allspice
2 T harissa
Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb. hot sausage, casings removed
- ½ c chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 12 to 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
Preheat Bravo bake 400°F. Add oil to 10 -inch nonstick roasting pan. Add the collards cook 2 minute on shelf position 3. Remove and reserve.
- In a large bowl, whisk together and combine each ingredient in order and until fully blended before adding the next, starting with the sour cream and then moving on to the heavy cream, flour, allspice, harissa, a nice pinch of salt and black pepper. Make sure to whisk well to combine everything.
- Place into the 10-inch nonstick round roasting pan place in Bravo bake at 400°F. and add the 1 T of olive oil. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the chunks with a wooden spoon into bite-size pieces, until browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often so the garlic doesnt burn, until the onions are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the cream mixture. Add the collards, stir well, cover and bake and let mixture steep on 300°F. until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and serve.