Sausage and Fontina Cheese Pizza
- 16 oz pizza dough
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 oz pizza sauce
- 6 oz mild Italian sausage
- 6 oz Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 T fresh oregano leaves
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the Pizza Stone in Bravo on cooking rack in position 1 at 450°F 30/90 for 30 min. to get Stone hot.
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 30 min.
- Roll dough into an 11-inch circle on a floured surface. Pierce entire surface with a fork.
Brush dough with olive oil and spoon on pizza sauce. Dollop sausage on top and add Fontina cheese and oregano.
Using the Pizza Peel, carefully place dough on Pizza Stone. Bake at 450°F 30/90 for 12 min. or until crust is browned and crisp.
Using the Pizza Peel, remove pizza. Season with salt and pepper and cut into 8 slices.