Shrimp & Grits
- 3 c water, divided
- 1 c grits (or coarsely ground cornmeal)
- 3 t sea salt, divided
- 16 frozen uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled,deveined, patted dry
- Juice of 1 lemon
1 t olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ c butter, cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
2 T fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
2 scallions, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Pour ½c water into the pot.
- Place grits, 2t salt, and remaining 2 ½c water into an 8-inch baking pan.
- Program the Duet for combo cooking: Press “COMBO COOK”. “pressure cook” will be displayed. Press “PRESSURE” and select high. Press “TIME” and set for 4 minutes. Press “COMBO COOK” a second time. “air fry” will be displayed. Set temperature for 375°F. Press “TIME” and set for 10 minutes. Now the recipe is set and ready to cook.
- Place pan onto the reversible rack, making sure rack is in the lower position. Place rack with pan in pot. Place on Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the “CLOSE” position.
- Press “START/PAUSE” to begin pressure cooking for 4 minutes.
While grits are cooking, place shrimp in a medium bowl and toss with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and remaining salt. Coat thoroughly; set aside.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to natural release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position. Carefully remove lid when duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Stir the butter and cheese into the grits until completely melted.
- Lay shrimp on top of grits and place on Duet Air Fryer Lid. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin to air-fry for 10 minutes.
- When done, garnish with parsley and scallions and serve.