Sweet & Spicy Braised Cabbage
- 1 T sesame seed oil
- 3 lbs green cabbage, 8 wedges
1-½ c water
¼ c apple cider vinegar
- 2 T raw sugar
½ t cayenne pepper
½ t red pepper flakes
- 2 t caraway seed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 t cornstarch
- 2 t water
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add oil. When hot, add cabbage. Cook until brown on both sides.
- Add water, vinegar, sugar, cayenne, red pepper flakes, and caraway seeds. Mix well.
- Add grated carrot and close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "steam/veggies" and press "start/stop".
- When done, allow pressure cooker to naturally release, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure has been released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and check for seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Using tongs, remove cabbage. Transfer to a platter. Leave liquid in pot.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear". In a bowl, mix cornstarch and water. Mix well. Add mixture to cooker. Stir.
- Bring up to a boil to thicken. Ladle liquid over cabbage.