Smothered Pork Chops with Buttermilk Sauce
Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
- 1 c flour
- 2 T onion powder
- 2 T garlic powder
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 t cayenne pepper
½ t freshly ground black pepper
¼ c olive oil
- 4 pork chops, each _ inches thick, bone-in
- 1 c chicken stock
½ c buttermilk
- Flat-leaf parsley (for garnish)
- 1 green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- Put flour in a shallow platter, and add onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and fresh ground pepper. Mix well.
- Pat pork chops dry, dredge in seasoned flour, and shake off excess. Set any leftover seasoned flour aside.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop". When oil is hot, Sear pork chops on both sides. Remove pork chops.
- Add 2T of the leftover seasoned flour in pressure cooker and drippings from chops. Mix flour into the fat to dissolve.
- Add chicken stock, press "sear", adjust time to 20 minutes, and press "start/stop". Simmer sauce until desired thickness. Stir in buttermilk to make a creamy sauce.
- Return pork chops to pressure cooker and cover with sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes until pork is cooked. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Garnish with parsley and green onions. Serve.