Todd English Pro-Smart Grill
- ½lb. chicken livers, cleaned and rinsed, each cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3T soy sauce
- 2t fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1lb. bacon slices, each cut into thirds
- 4T maple syrup
- 2T red pepper flakes
- 1 can whole water chestnuts, quartered, 5oz.
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping (optional)
- Place the chicken livers in a plastic resealable bag along with the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Remove the livers from the marinade and set aside.
- Lay the bacon slices on a flat surface. Brush one side of the bacon with maple syrup. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes over the bacon then place a piece of liver at one end of the bacon. Top with a piece of water chestnut and a slice of jalapeño.
- Wrap the bacon around the liver, chestnut, and jalapeño stack by rolling it. Slightly stretch the bacon to ensure a tight wrap. Continue this until all the liver is used.
- Press Menu and select Menu Preset 19. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- Open the door. Place the Rumaki, seam-side down, in the Air Fry Basket and slide it back into Position 2. Brush with more maple syrup. Close the door.
- Start cooking Stage 1 (360˚F for 6 minutes), after which the unit will beep once and begin cooking Stage 2 (400˚F for 6 minutes). When it is finished, the unit will beep three times and display “End”.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce (optional).