Split Pea Soup with Ham
- 3T unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large rib celery, finely diced
- 1 (6-oz) ham steak, diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1lb dried green split peas
- 6c low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Set to "sear"and add butter.
Add onions, celery, and ham and sauté, stirring, until onions are soft but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add peas, chicken stock, and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 20 minutes.
- When done, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open, remove bay leaves, and stir soup until smooth. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Serve.