Sweet & Sour Chicken
Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, grated
- 1 T fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 3 T honey
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 3 T ketchup
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T Sriracha sauce
½ c chicken stock
½ c pineapple juice
- 1 c fresh pineapple, large dice
- 1 red bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 green bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 T water
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 t sesame oil
¼ c scallions, thin sliced
- Cooked rice
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop". When oil is hot, add chicken, garlic, and ginger.
- While cooking, in a bowl, mix honey, rice vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, Sriracha, chicken stock, and pineapple juice, set aside.
- When chicken turns golden brown, add pineapple, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Stir in mixture from bowl.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "poultry", adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and add cornstarch and water mix. Stir well. Serve hot with cooked rice topped with scallions and a drizzle of sesame oil poured over cooked rice.