Tofu with Curry
- 1 lb extra-firm tofu
- 2 T flour
- 4 T coconut oil, divided
- 1 t cumin seed
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2 T fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 t ground coriander
- 1 Serrano chili (with seeds), minced
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
½ c water
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 2 c peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 t garam masala
½ c fresh cilantro, rough chop
- Cooked basmati rice
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
In a bowl, add flour and tofu. Toss to coat; set aside.
Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add 2T coconut oil. When hot, add tofu and let brown on both sides. Once browned, remove; set aside.
Add remaining coconut oil to cooker. Add cumin seeds and stir until fragrant. Add onions. Sauté until onions are light brown. Stir in ginger, garlic, coriander, and minced chili. When fragrant, add tomatoes, water, turmeric, peas, and return tofu to cooker.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "steam/veggies", and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and add garam masala, cilantro, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Serve warm with basmati rice.