Tomato Basil Bisque with Herb Croutons
- 2T extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 carrots, peeled, small dice
- 1 large yellow onion, small dice
- 1T dried basil
- 3 cans (28oz each) whole Italian style tomatoes
1 (14½-oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1c heavy (whipping) cream
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2T lightly packed fresh basil leaves, cut into fine ribbons Herb croutons
- Set to "sear" and add olive oil.
When hot, add onions, basil, and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add cans of tomatoes, low-sodium chicken broth, salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 40 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream and stir to combine.
- Pour into bowls, top with basil ribbons and herb croutons, and serve.