Turkey Chili with Sweet Potato
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
1-½ lbs ground turkey
½ c onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12-oz) can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
1 sweet potato, peeled, ½-inch cubes
¾ c water
- 2 t cumin
- 2 t chili powder
- 2 t paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Cilantro leaves (for garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add turkey, onions, and garlic. Sauté until turkey is lightly cooked.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, sweet potato, water, cumin, chili powder, paprika, sea salt, more fresh ground black pepper, and bay leaf. Mix well and close lid.
- Set pressure cooker to "poultry", adjust time to 5 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and serve with cilantro.