Turmeric Chicken with Vegetables
- 1 whole chicken (4 lbs) cut into pieces
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thin sliced
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled, 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb carrots, peeled, 1-inch pieces
- 1 T turmeric powder
- 1 T paprika
½ T ground cumin
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 6 fresh Roma tomatoes, quartered and seeds removed
½ c water
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
¼ c fresh parsley, rough chop (garnish)
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken. Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Using preset button set to "sear" and add oil. Brown chicken and set aside.
- In the remaining oil, add onions and fennel, cooking until translucent. Add carrots, parsnips, turmeric, paprika, and cumin. Mix well and cook until fragrant.
Add tomatoes and thyme. Add chicken pieces add water. Close the lid and lock. Set to "poultry" and adjust for 15 minutes. Once done quick release the pressure and make sure all pressure is released before opening the lid. Open and check internal temperature of chicken which should be 165°F or more. Serve hot and topped with parsley.