Vegan Brown Basmati Rice with Chickpeas
- 2 c brown basmati rice, rinsed, drained
2-½ c water (divided)
1-½ c Madras curry sauce, divided
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 c red onions, thin sliced
- 2 c chickpeas (cooked or canned), rinsed and drained
- 5 c spinach/kale blend
Add 2c of the water, brown basmati rice, and ½c Madras curry sauce. Mix well.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "multi grain", adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, naturally release, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and fluff rice with fork. Remove rice to platter or plate, set aside.
Set to "sear"and add oil. When hot, add onions. Cook until onions are soft and lightly browned. Add chickpeas, remaining Madras curry sauce, remaining ½ c of water, and spinach/kale blend. Stir well.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "steam/veggies" and adjust for 2 minutes. When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and stir. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Return rice to cooker. Mix well. Serve warm.