Whole Braised Chicken with Sriracha
- ¼ c olive oil
- 3-lb whole chicken
- ¾ c honey
- ¼ c Sriracha
- ¾ c soy sauce
- 1 t garlic, minced
- 2 T water
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 T fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Jalapeño peppers (optional)
- Set to “SEAR” and add oil.
- Heavily season the chicken with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, inside and outside of the bird.
- Place chicken in pressure cooker and sear on all sides.
- Add garlic, Sriracha, soy sauce, and honey.
- Place on Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Press “PRESSURE COOK”. Press “PROG” and use the “START/PAUSE” dial to select “Meat/Poultry” and adjust for 25 minutes.
- When done, quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position.
Carefully remove Pressure Cooker Lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure. Carefully remove chicken. Place on a platter to rest; set aside.
- Leave liquid in pressure cooker. Press “SEAR” and bring up to a boil.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in the 2T water. Add cornstarch mixture to cooker and stir. Continue to boil until sauce thickens.
- Add basil and pour sauce over the chicken on the platter or serve sauce on the side.