Yellow Cake with Raspberry Cream Frosting
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 (6-inch) cake pans
- 4 large eggs
¼ c water
½ c heavy cream
- 1 t vanilla extract
¾ c sugar
½ c blanched almond flour
½ c coconut flour
½ t baking soda
¼ t sea salt
- 1 c water
½ c butter, softened, not melted
- 2-3 c powdered, sugar
- 2 T raspberry preserves
- 2 T coconut cream
- Lightly coat cake pan with oil spray.
- Beat eggs, water, cream, vanilla, and sugar. Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix well and divide batter in the two pans and cover them with foil.
- Place water in pressure cooker along with steamer rack. Carefully stack cake pans in pressure cooker. If you do not have a lip making stacking possible, then use bamboo skewers laid across the bottom of pan to support the top pan.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "bake", adjust time to 25 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 15 minutes, then quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and remove cakes from pressure cooker and from baking pans. Allow to cool on baking rack. Cakes must be completely cool before frosting.
Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat softened butter on high, speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes, add powder sugar ½c at a time until completely incorporated. Add in raspberry preserves and coconut cream. Use ⅓ of frosting in between the cake layers then the rest to frost and decorate.